Thursday, August 8, 2013

REVLON BLUE LAGOON - SWATCHES & REVIEW

It's been a while. I know. No excuses. I'm just plain lazy. But I promise I will try to post as frequent as possible :) 

So I'm back with a product review. I have to tell you, I am obsessed with taking care of my hands and nails. You can get all the surgeries in the world to look young but when it comes to your age, it's your hands that will give you away. A quick tip - keep a bottle of a good hand cream right next to your hand wash and moisturize after every wash. Also, try not to use soaps that are too drying. Use a mild moisturizing one instead. Your hands will thank you.


Enough talk. Let's do some reviewing :D
This super gorgeous shade is called Blue Lagoon. There's a story behind how I got it ..or should I say "found it". I'm really into mint color these days. I have enough mint green nail polishes and I wanted a mint blue one. Did a little searching online and found this lovely shade. I WANTED IT ..like soo badd.! Was going to order it online. 
The very next day, my younger sister sends home a lot of junk(she stays in a hostel and is very careless. Our servant had gone to clean her room and she gave him a a whole bag of things she wanted to throw away). So I'm sitting at home sorting all that out and there it is screaming "I'm shooo pretty, take me^_^
OMG we're so meant to be together :D


My experience

Blue lagoon is a light blue with really pretty silver shimmer. The consistency is not the best. It's really streaky and thick and a real pain to apply..but totally worth it. You just have to be patient. I have three coats on and no top coat. It took forever to dry. 
The finish is quite rough because of the shimmer. But that doesn't bother me too much. No chips for a week which is quite good. Shows tip wear in less than a day. But I guess that's just because I overuse my nails. You can buy it here if you want.



                    Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment